Switchgear Testing And Maintenance
Industrial Tests, Inc. provides comprehensive Switchgear Testing services as part of our Electrical Testing and Maintenance services. We perform Switchgear Testing for industrial plants, large commercial facilities and municipal power stations. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week and are maintenance manager’s first choice for electrical testing, maintenance and repair.
Overview of Switchgears
Switchgears are used as a preventive and protective mechanism that enables short circuiting of specific circuits without interrupting the flow of the entire electrical system in the facility. They enable isolation of circuits from power supplies. ITI specializes in repairing switches ranging from high to low voltages. Warning signs for faulty switch gears include bad connections, stripped wiring, rust, and corrosion.
ITI provides 24/7 Emergency Service Teams that are backed up by a history of fast quick responses and fast turnarounds. Armed with NETA Certified Engineers and Technicians, our team always meets and often exceeds client expectations.
Comparison of Switch Gears and Circuit Breakers
Not to be confused with circuit breakers since switch gears compose of circuit breakers. For example all dogs have four legs, but not all four legged animals are dogs. Likewise, all switchgears contain circuit breakers, but not all circuit breakers contain switch gears.
Common Features between Switch Gears and Circuit Breakers include the following
- Both carry and Interrupt rated normal current safely.
- Both can safely close their contacts onto a fault and carry that fault for rated specific current.
- Both can safely withstand their rated power frequency system voltage and rated lightning impulse across their contacts when in the open position.
- Circuit Breakers can only detect and interrupt short circuit fault current whereas switch gears can also isolate circuit fault current
- Switch gears are comprised of circuit breakers
Within an electrical power system, the switch gear is a combination of switches, fuses, and circuit breakers that are intended to control, protect, and isolate electrical equipment. Switchgears have the purpose of de-energize equipment to allow work be done on substations. Without switch gears, working on substations would be extremely dangerous since everything will be live, the risk of electrocution is imminent. It is vital that a switch gear be able to isolate certain areas within substations to shut down since complete shutdowns of a system are very costly and counter intuitive to running a business.
Services Offered for Switch Gear Testing
- Inspect alignment, groundings, and connections
- Clean contaminants from all parts of Switch Gear
- Inspect electrical and mechanical parts for signs of moisture or corrosion
- Inspect current and voltage ratings to ensure that they are in line with manufacturer’s standards
- Inspect electrical connections for high resistance
- Ensure that all circuit breakers and fuses are operating efficiently through impulse and cycle testing
- Insulation resistance testing
- Ground resistance testing
- Emergency Response to Switch Gear malfunctions
- Educational courses for Switch Gear usage and handling
Learn more about circuit breaker testing for industrial plants, large commercial facilities and municipal power stations.
Industrial Tests, Inc. Providing Switchgear Testing To California And Nationwide
With offices outside Sacramento and Fresno, California, Industrial Tests, Inc. provides Switchgear Testing services to clients throughout California including San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego as well as Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Texas and nationwide. We serve industrial, commercial and municipal clients in various industries including power stations, power plants, wind and solar, petro-chemicals, manufacturing, hotels, hospitals, municipalities, defense contractors, data centers and many other applications that rely on high power electric equipment. Whatever your Switchgear Testing needs may be, contact us and we will make sure that your equipment is treated with the care and safety requirements that it deserves. See our full line of electrical testing.
- Electrical Testing
- High Voltage Testing
- Power Transformer Testing
- Power Cable Testing
- Ground Fault Testing
- Generator Testing
- Hi Pot Testing
- Circuit Breaker Testing
- SF6 Circuit Breaker Testing
- Neta Testing
- Megger Test
- Switchgear Testing
- Protective Relay Testing
- Fall of Potential Ground Test
- Instrument Testing
- Other Services
- Career Opportunities
- Contact Us