Protective Relay Testing
ITI specialties ranges from testing the relays within power system faults to configuring relays to perform more complex function like restoring voltage to a “dead” bus by implementing:
- Automatic transfer schemes
- AC/DC wiring schematics
- Generation of wiring diagrams
- I/O specifications and assignments
- SEL Boolean or FlexLOGIC or control logic development
- Calculation of settings:
- Time Delays
- Generation of setting files
- Supervision logic
- Dynamic testing with Test Sets
- Generation of documents and test reports
Types of Relay Testing
The type of testing required for each specific relay needs to be designed with the goal of accomplishing the objective. The objective depends on the specific needs and wants of the customer and ITI is geared towards satisfying our customer base. We perform testing in four specific classes which are:
1.) Acceptance Tests
- New Programmable Relay First Time Applied
- Test on each Product Received
2.) Installation Tests
- Field tests to determine installation will correctly
- Generally not repeated unless installation was incorrect during operations
- Performed by simulated tests with secondary circuits energized from portable test source
3.) Maintenance Tests
- Inspection and burnishing of contacts (old electromechanical style of relays)
- Automatic self-test of relay
- Adjustments checked.
- Breakers tripped by manual contact closing.
- Screws checked for tightness.
- Covers cleaned.
- As Found and As Left tests made
4.) Repair Tests
- Signs of damage are noticed
- Failure of relay to perform assigned tasks
Types of Relays Tested
The following is a partial list of relays that ITI tests:
- Schweitzer – SEL Series
- General Electric / Multilin – UR Series & SR Series Relays
- ABB – Transformer Protection and Distance Protection Units (TPU & DPU)
- AREVA / Alstom (GEC) – MiCOM P54x Series Relays and LFCB & LFZR Numerical Relays
- Basler – Breaker Protection Relays (BE1-BPR)
- Siemens – SIPROTEC Series (7UMxxx, 7SJxxx, etc.)
- General Electric – SLD-41, SLD-51, STV, etc.
- ABB (Westinghouse) – 25, 27, 59, 27/59, LCB-II, etc.
- Basler – BE1 Series; -27, -59, -27/59, -25, -51, -81 O/U
- AREVA / Alstom (GEC) – MFAC
- General Electric – BDD, CEB, CEH, CEY, CFD, CFVB, GCX, GCY, GGP, IAC, IAV, ICW, IJC, PJC, PVD, etc.
- ABB (Westinghouse) – CO, CV, HU, IRP, KAB, KC, KD, KDTG, KDXG, SC, SV, TD, etc.
Meter Testing and Repair
One of the most important principles of an efficient business is precision and accuracy. ITI’s teams of experts offer services specifically tailored towards accuracy testing, calibration, repairs, and salvaging of meters.
Benefits of Meter Testing and Repair from ITI are listed below:
- Regular maintenance prevents breakdown of equipment
- When repair costs are lowered, operating costs are also reduced
- Highly skilled, trained, and NETA certified meter mechanics and shop personnel
- Testing performed to rigid OEM and NETA standards
- Services Include:
- Meter accuracy testing
- Calibration of meters from wide variety
- Commercial relay and meter repairs
- Meter cleaning and painting services
To learn more about Protective Relay Testing, please visit our Protective Relay Testing website.
About Protective Relays
Protective relays are designed to provide protection for electrical equipment in small and large medium voltage distribution systems. Most protective are very complex and require a trained protection engineer to determine the proper settings for your application. To learn more about Protective Relays, please visit our Protective Relays website.
Providing Protective Relay Testing To California And Nationwide
With offices in outside Sacramento and Fresno, California, Industrial Tests, Inc. provides Protective Relay Testing services to clients throughout California including San Francisco, Los Angeles and San Diego as well as Arizona, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, Texas and nationwide. We serve industrial, commercial and municipal clients in various industries including power stations, power plants, wind and solar, petro-chemicals, manufacturing, hotels, hospitals, municipalities, defense contractors, data centers and many other applications that rely on high power electric equipment. Whatever your Protective Relay Testing needs may be, contact us and we will make sure that your equipment is treated with the care and safety requirements that it deserves. See our full line of electrical testing.
- Electrical Testing
- High Voltage Testing
- Power Transformer Testing
- Power Cable Testing
- Ground Fault Testing
- Generator Testing
- Hi Pot Testing
- Circuit Breaker Testing
- SF6 Circuit Breaker Testing
- Neta Testing
- Megger Test
- Switchgear Testing
- Protective Relay Testing
- Fall of Potential Ground Test
- Instrument Testing
- Other Services
- Career Opportunities
- Contact Us